Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentines Day and other things

I have been feeling really happy with life! I got another two students this week for private lessons, so that raises my purpose factor as well as my money intake. Monday was Valentines Day, and Fran my supervisor bought me a rose, and our school gave everyone red carnations, so I got two flowers that day! The next day I recieved an e-card from mmy Grandma, a REAL card from my mom in the mail, a package in the mail from Olivia, which simply contained a belated Christmas card and two boxes of Cheez-its, which made me so happy! Also, we are trying to figure out if Laurie can visit me in May, which would be wonderful. On Wednesday I took a trip with some of the classes in my school to the near-by Cabra to see a play that was actually pretty funny, even though I only understood about half of what was going on. I have also started looking for jobs at home, mostly in International Programs offices at some universities, which I really hope works out! I would love to travel some more but I really need to start paying for my student loans, unfortunately. Oh well, I'll get to go home and see my family and friends for awhile before I decide how to set off on my next adventure.

Also on Wednesday I went out to lunch for the first time in a LONG time with my roommate. We went to this restaurant right down the street, and for 9.50 euros recieved soup, salad, a drink, a HUGE portion of barbequed chicken, fries, wine, and a dessert. It was a great deal and DELICIOUS! I feel like I need to get out there and eat more local cuisine, and now that I'm making a little bit more money, I can.

I should be more embarassed about this upcoming story but I really just think it's hilarious. Last week I was walking home from school, and I wasn't watching where I was going because I was looking down at the first year students attempting to play volleyball, which seemed to be a huge struggle for them just to get it over the net... and then BANG, I walked right into a pole! I was not expecting it AT ALL, and my knee and chest took most of the impact, while my arm flung around the pole because my body was still trying to move past it and hadn't realized what happened. I'm just thankful that it wasnt my FACE that took most of the impact! After I realized what had happened, I listened closely for outbursts of laughter but didn't hear any, so perhaps that means that no one saw me. As I continued my walk home limping slightly, I began hystarically laughing at myself the entire way home and into my apartment, and could barely talk to my roommate when I got there! I wish I could have seen myself do that!

Besides all that, not much has been happening lately. I have been sick for the past few days and finally feel better today, so mostly I have been just sitting around my apartment. I have started this sort of scrapbook thing for my adventure her in Spain, so that has been taking up a lot of time too, which is great. Also, today I skyped with my mom and grandma and we began booking places and formulating our plan for our Italian adventure in April. I am even more excited now... it seems so much more real and I can't wait!!!! I hope you are all doing great, I miss you and I will see you in less than 4 months... don't know really how I feel about coming home, but I know that it will be great to see all my family and friends again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment